Sunday, May 13, 2012

Do you post content in your classroom?


I believe that kids need to "read it, do it, see it, talk it and draw it" to remember most key concepts.  One way to reinforce this in the upper grades is to actively post content on sentence strips as you introduce it each day.  I got these ideas from Seeds of Science Roots of Reading (a great curriculum with many FREE language based ideas to boost reading in your science classrooms).  This is an example taken from our Planets and Moons unit. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie:
    I read back through several posts and enjoyed reading all that you have shared. Thanks for giving me another blog to look forward to...

    I forgot I was following you on this site too, so I added you to my blog roll so I don't miss anything!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete