Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bathroom and Snack Routines

Over the summer, I spent every day stalking the ClutterFree Classroom blog.  She has so many amazing ideas and tips that I just couldn't wait to see what she would post next...and many of her ideas were FREE for that day only! I, too, like to offer FREEBIES and have included one at the bottom of the blog today.

One idea that I loved was this one for managing the bathroom...

It is a great, simple idea for allowing students to slip out during independent work time to go to the bathroom with out interrupting the teacher AND still knowing who is gone.

I modified it a bit....and developed some guidelines.


First, she suggested copying the student numbers in two colors - one for girls and one for boys.  I was fine with just using one color so I skipped that step.  Second, I had found some cute circle number cut outs from the teacher store and laminated those instead.

I used the front of my filing cabinet as my landing space.  It is front and center in the classroom where I can see it from my small group area and it is magnetic.

When they need to go to the bathroom, they simply move their number over to the slot that says Girls or Boys.
 
The rest of the numbers are on the side of the cabinet.
 
I also implemented a Snack Policy...
Being a mother of a fourth grade boy I know that they are HUNGRY all the TIME!!!  Last year, I implemented the "eat when you are hungry" policy.  I love it, because I do not have to stop what I am doing to allow a 15 minute break for snack.  Instead, they eat when they want...while they work.  Kids love it and so do I!

 
You can download these posters for FREE right here!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment