Monday, August 20, 2012

Effort Based Instruction...posters

Do you teach your students about Effort?  Recently I completed the Skillful Teacher training which focussed on teaching children about the correlation between effort and achievment. 

I was amazed at this simple concept and thought about how it was relative in my life.  How many of us know people,students, family members who are extremely smart...but just don't apply themselves and end up not meeting the potential they should in their adult lives? Then on the flip side, you know students who had to work hard each and every day ...and through their hard work and effort, they make great success.

I recently ran into two former students.  One was a gifted student who never had to study or put forth much effort in anything. As he grew up and realized he had to study in his highschool classes...he gave up.  A child I thought would definately go to college is now working retail with no idea what he wants to do with his future.  Again, on the flip side...a student I had who struggled with reading in 1st grade and had many tutors and support learned that if she worked hard and studied she could make good grades.  Now a sophmore in college...she dreams of being an engineer.

This week I plan to share with you several resources for teaching your students to put forth their best effort in the classroom. 

Today, I am sharing Effort Based Expectations and Motivational posters for FREE. 


Here is what they look like in my classroom.


I hope you can use them!


No comments:

Post a Comment